How can we celebrate student and teacher successes? Consider submitting to the ISG Learns Blog by clicking on this link.
Make sure you check out the ISG Virtual Learning Office bitmoji.
Here are the Learning Office’s favorite articles, webinars, and videos for the week:
- Holy Cow! Check out the lineup of presenters and get your geek on. ScIC2 "Science is Cool" is hosting a virtual unconference on May 21.
- iHeartRadio put together a quite impressive lineup of commencement speeches for the 2020 Graduates. - John Legend, Bill and Melinda Gates, Hillary Clinton, Bobby Flay, DJ Khaled, and many, many more.
- What a difference 18 years makes? ACER created this sweet infographic to show the career aspirations of teenage boys and girls between 2000 and 2018.
- Cleaning up your Google Classroom? Control-Alt-Achieve provides a step by step guide.
- Chapters International is offering a complimentary webinar on May 26 interviewing Guy Claxton and Kath Murdoch as they address “Were your kids ‘lockdown ready?’ Will they be next time? Will you?”
- Need to smile? Watch this dog hugging his horse BFF.
- Rockstar teacher Chris Priebe at ISG Jubail has given us permission to
use(steal) his idea for having everyone contribute a Google Slide for their First Live Concert! Check it out and add a slide if you wish!
- Former U.S. President Barack Obama provides a graduation speech in Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020.
- Common Sense Media released their Resources for Families during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- The University of Massachusetts is putting those grad students to work in compiling online resources for teaching and learning.
- Jennifer Wathall has been creating amazing graphic organizers during this time. Check out these on Promoting Connections while Social Distancing and Physical Distancing.
- I’m not crying, you’re crying. Get all the feels with John Krasinski’s Some Good News - (Episode 8)
- For those on Facebook, check out the group Global Educator Collective. There are now over 128,000 members all tackling distance learning and sharing resources.